Asbestos is considered a hazardous material, and there are regulations that exist for the handling and safe disposal of asbestos to protect the environment and prevent health complications. In order to comply with these regulations, suspected asbestos containing material must be tested at a laboratory and disposed of appropriately.
Breathing in asbestos fibres can cause asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma.
Testing for asbestos (PLM)
Providing asbestos bulk sample analysis using Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) in accordance with EPA 600/R-93/116. Gravimetric reduction of non-friable material and 400 & 1000 point count is available upon request.
Many Canadian jurisdictions do not have specific legislation that deals with indoor air quality issues. Several organizations have published recommended guidelines for indoor air quality. Finding the source of symptoms or cause can often be difficult but indoor air quality testing by a qualified professional can help determine airborne fibers that are within the acceptable range.
Poor indoor air quality can cause breathing problems, sinus congestion, headache, irritation of eyes, nose, throat etc.
Testing for asbestos (PCM)
Providing analysis of asbestos and other fibers by Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM) using NIOSH Method 7400 (A & B counting methods).
There are currently no regulatory limits established for the presence of surface contaminants associated with fire loss (smoke or soot residue). Therefore, the results of combustion by-product testing are predominantly used as a “qualitative” measure of assessing areas of potential impact rather than a “quantitative” assessment.
Breathing in the tiny soot particles can cause respiratory issues, shortness of breath, bronchitis, asthma, stroke, heart attack, cancer etc.
Testing for CBP
Providing screening test for identification of fire combustion by-product such as soot and char.
All Canadian Federal and Provincial agencies consider mold growth in buildings to be a risk factor for health problems. Not all mold is obvious, it can grow inside walls or above ceiling tiles and it can be identified by conducting proper testing.
Exposure to mold can cause eye, nose and throat irritation, coughing and phlegm build up, wheezing and shortness of breath, symptoms of asthma, and allergic reactions.
Testing for mold
Evaluating and testing a wide array of environmental microbiological samples including spore trap, bulk, tape lift, swab, etc.